There is nothing easy about creating commercials, but there is a clear formula.
Your story is important to you and there are plenty of people out there that want to hear it too. If you follow a well defined plan, you can find your audience, meet them where they are and give them what they want. You can do all of these things and even show them why you are the clear choice.
Emotions are the driving force behind most action. Learning how your audience feels about the problem you can solve for them is the
Overcoming the audience’s fears is the grease in the cog. Once you can assure them that you will provide a service that succeeds where others fail, you will be pointed at the top of your market.
Consistency will bring you there.
Success depends completely on correctly defining and delivering fully on the following elements.
- Audience: The audience is often not what people originally think of. Figure out who really wants your offer. It isn’t easy, but it is the easiest part. We have tools that can help a lot in this process.
Once you start to figure out who your audience is, you then have to drive those people to your video and then consistently promote your commercial so it gets the right attention from the right people.
- Purpose: What are you trying to accomplish with this commercial? Are you trying to get new clients, show your superior services, become better known, save your clients time, money or headaches? Decide on a goal and keep it simple.
- Message: A simple, single concept that you want viewers to remember ie – Your business has the best service. Your business services a certain thing. Your business is trustworthy.
It is very important to keep your production to as narrow an audience as possible. Only have ONE purpose and ONE message. One of the biggest mistakes is not being as specific as possible during this process. You might feel like you want to be as expansive and inclusive as possible, but that is a mistake. You have spent all this time and money on getting this far. Make sure you have the right viewers and that they know exactly what you are saying.
- Call to action: This is where you get them into your sales funnel. Tell them to call, or go to your website or
message you. Whatever it is you want them to do, make sure it is simple and reliable for you and your clients.
You have well laid out plans, now just make the video.
Create and deliver.
Simple, right? Well, sure its simple, but we are only just beginning if we want to get to the top and stay there
Consistency is the winning sauce. Tune and do again.
- Listen: Your audience will tell you what they want. Listen to their pain points. Look for ways to make everything more clear and simple for the audience.
- Serialize: If you want to cover more than one of the above components ie message, audience, or purpose, then you need to make more commercials. Try to play one
offthe other such that there isgood cohesion and branding in your message.
- Iterate: Budgets are not unlimited and a commercial isn’t worth doing if it doesn’t pay for itself. Focus on your analytics and tuning the elements of your commercial. Keep making variations to widen your audience capture (not to be confused with widening your audience). Customize for various platforms and audience segments, as each can be very different.
- Focus: Always look to narrow each element from your target audience to your purpose, message and call to action. Obviously, there is always room for improvement, so keep focusing on the core elements and you will rise to the top of your market.
There is no easy way. This is hard work and dedication carried out over time. It requires a willingness to accept and adapt to change continuously.
Editing and Fx
Color grading/ correction
Flying-Higher can help with the whole process. We are happy to hold your hand while working with your team or take charge and get it done for you.
Email me today to discuss your needs: email@example.com